Service Projects 2023
1. Setting up the watering system for permaculture vegetables in Arin and Mitmac Primary Schools
- Take materials (tubes, glue, faucet, etc.) to the school and set them up to connect to the water tank with the help of a specialist
- Set up the irrigation system for the vegetable beds
2. Build small play structures out of recycled wood and other materials for Mitmac Primary School
- Design and build slides, monkey bars, and swing sets with the help of a carpenter
3. Reforestation efforts in Sillacancha Secondary School
- There are 2,000 meters available to reforest with native trees a small hike up a mountain behind the school
- Native trees include: q’ueuña, chachac’omo, tara, molle, huaranguay, kapuli etc.
4. Fertilize the reforested trees and plants
- Munay Sonqo has a lot of land dedicated to reforestation and these plants and trees need regular maintenance and fertilizer
5. “Help of the Day” – Munay Sonqo’s Permaculture Garden
Miscellaneous tasks in the permaculture gardens – could be working in the strawberry patch, taking care of the chickens, processing compost, etc.
6. Offer to teach a workshop in your area of specialization to any of the schools we partner with.
- Please email your suggestions beforehand and let us know what materials you will need!